If Death Occurs At Home
1. Telephone the doctor who will visit to confirm that death has taken place.
2. Contact a funeral director.
3. Arrange to collect the doctor's Medical Certificate of Death (usually from the surgery).
4. Take this to the Registrars Office for the area in which the death took place.
If The Death Occurs In Hospital
1. Contact a funeral director to request their services.
2. Collect the certificate from the hospital.
3. Take this to the Registrar's Office for the area in which the death took place.