ACCESS TO DOCTORS
As a result of our appointment survey, we have introduced more appointments.
You can book in advance of up to 2 weeks to see a doctor, or on a first come/first serve basis ‘on the day’.
Appointments are for 10 minutes. Any longer causes delays throughout the surgery. We are unable to increase your time with the doctor without reducing the number of appointments we have to offer.
Our ‘on-call’ doctor deals with urgent problems and house calls for housebound patients.
We would appreciate your help by:
- Giving us an idea of the problem. This helps us direct you appropriately. We can also prevent unwanted visits to the practice with conditions that could be passed on to other patients.
- Using our dedicated repeat prescription line or online access wherever possible.
- Using our dedicated results line wherever possible.
- Being reassured that if ordered correctly, prescriptions will be available within 48 working hours of your request. There is no need to call in to check. This has a massive impact on our telephone lines.
- Cancelling/rearranging booked appointments. Failing to turn up has a huge impact on our appointments.
- Calling for a home visit before 10.00 am wherever possible.
Many thanks from all of us here at Terra Nova Medical Practice.